Monday, May 25, 2009

Who Likes Short Shorts?

This evening, I finally got around to watching 'Paris, Je T'Aime', eighteen short films by different directors under the theme 'Stories of Love, from the City of Love'. The quality inevitably varies from one short to the next but, more often than not, the directors get it right. If you haven't already seen this, I'd recommend getting your mits on a copy.

In the meantime, it's worthwhile checking out homegrown short film 'Skint', written by Brendan O' Rourke.

The screenplay was originally submitted for RTE's Storyland Competition but wasn't among the selected finalists. A group of final year Communications students from DCU decided to use the screenplay however.

Having seen the finished product, I reckon it's better than some of the screenplays that RTE plumped for:


"I'd just be pushing the foam about my face, but in a sore way." Amazing.

Full list of cast and crew on the Youtube page.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

That one with Elijah Wood and the vampire was very out of place, but ya know, I'll allow it

Joey said...

Yes. The one with the Asian hair product salesman was a bit awkward too, although the cinematography was great.

Anonymous said...

I am so out of the loop.

Anonymous said...

Awh wasn't that film/18-minis amazing!???? It was all just beautiful!