Saturday, May 09, 2009

I Found You One Day With A Mouth Full Of Attitude...

Thanks to Lyndsay for sorting me out with a ticket to see Ladyhawke perform at the Arnotts Project launch last night.

I was a bit dubious about seeing the New Zealand singer play live because anybody I know that had seen her Dublin gig in February said she was very disappointing. Thankfully, Pip seemed to be on form this time around and, other than a technical glitch during 'Dusk Till Dawn', delivered a flawless set.

Dublin band Dirty Epics provided support on the night and succeeded in warming up the snazzily dressed crowd ahead of Ms. Hawke's arrival on stage.

Full credit to Arnotts for putting on a great night that involved staging a mini Fashion Show and providing free booze and Kit Kat bars for everyone in the audience.

The store itself was pretty impressive; very spacious and modern. Neon mannequins and designs by Irish graffiti artist Maser add splashes of colour and the clothes themselves seem quirky and hipster-friendly. The store is obviously intended as Arnotts' equivalent to BT2, catering to a younger demographic than the flagship store.

If I ever find myself with a disposable income, I might even consider shopping there.

[Image: Electronic Beats]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are quite welcome, young man. I couldn't let it go to waste and besides, you introduced me to Ladyhawke in the first place so who else would I give it to! Glad you enjoyed the show.

x