Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Choir of Saints

Yesterday I had a flick through Nialler9's Twitter Mixtape, made up of suggestions from his Twitter followers and stumbled across a gem of a track, which had been suggested by @coillfhada.

The track in question is 'Fail Forever' by Danish alt-pop group When Saints Go Machine. The track can be downloaded for free via Niall's post.

As it happens, last week saw the the Copenhagen-based four piece release their début album, 'Ten Has A Face'. The record was a collaboration with producer Christoffer Berg, who has previously worked with some of my favourite Nordic acts, including Robyn, The Knife and Fever Ray.

After hearing the snippets on When Saints Go Machine's Myspace, I have reason to believe that this album might be one of my favourites of the year. I particularly love their track 'Pinned', which sounds like the lovechild of Hercules & Love Affair and Gnarls Barkley. I've more or less had it on loop for the past 24 hours.

Each track is markedly different from the previous one and yet there is a 'signature sound' that permeates their material. I hope this band get the attention they deserve.

[Image: 7Inch]

No comments: