Friday, February 27, 2009

Frankly, My Dear...

I've been an ardent supporter of Frankmusik ever since Popjustice brought the lovely Vincent Frank to my attention about eighteen months ago.

Since then, he's signed to a major record label, released a couple of EP's, and been shortlisted for the BBC 'Sound of 2009'. In recent months, he's worked with producer Stuart Price on tracks for his imminent album release. Price rarely delivers anything short of brilliant but I can't help but feel that many of the re-recordings of the Frankmusik tracks that have begun surfacing on his Myspace are a little over-cooked and inferior to the original demos.

After hearing the Frankmusik remix of Lady Gaga's 'Eh, Eh', which manages the difficult task of making a dud of a track even worse, I was beginning to suspect that Frankmusik had gone off the boil. Then I stumbled across this video for his next single 'Better Off as Two' today and it has allayed my doubts somewhat.

The track is relatively untouched from the original demo and the video is a lot less cringe-inducing than his last effort for 'Three Little Words'. (Frankmusik: Human. Definitely not dancer.)



If the team behind Frank have any sense at all, they'll follow this release with the Boys Noize remix of 'When You're Around'.

No comments: