Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ellie Enchanted

I'm a big fan of The Guardian's 'New Band of the Day'. I love the wonderfully detailed disections of the featured artists and writer Paul Lester's biting critique.

This week, The Guardian featured singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding. Lester introduced her as "a cross between a singer-songwriter and a synth-pop starlet", which is a pretty accurate description.

Ellie's acoustic stuff is great but I think her electronica infused numbers, such as the Frankmusik collaboration 'Wish I'd Stayed' and her excellent cover of Sam Sparro's 'Black and Gold', are what truly set her apart from the crowd.



Goulding is currently unsigned but I can't imagine this will be the case for much longer. Right-click here for her track 'Guns and Horses', courtesy of Neon Gold Records. A necessary addition to your music collection, I think you'll find.

[Image: Myspace]

No comments: