Saturday, February 14, 2009

Disco Stickin' It To 'Em

The Lady Gaga backlash has begun. Most of the reviews I've read in the Irish press have slated her album 'The Fame' and many of the cool kids that championed her eight or nine months ago when ' Just Dance' first surfaced on the web have abandoned her now that she has been embraced by mere mortals.

If the bizarre choice of 'Nothing Else I Can Say' as a single and generic video that accompanies it tempted me to jump ship quicker than you can say: "The Ting Tings", the Love Game video that materialised yesterday has convinced me to go back below deck. 'The Fame' is definitely weighed down by some duff songs and Gaga's music is hardly cerebral but there are a handful of tracks in her arsenal, including this one, that border on pop perfection.

I'd recommend you click here to view the video in HQ ('Embedding Disabled By Request' strikes again) over watching this disastrously out-of sync version:



Cheers to Eimear for the tip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OySite is a great resource for companies of all sizes to find top talent – check out the Jobs section at www.oysite.com!

Anonymous said...

I still love her

Anonymous said...

I love that song! Its been stuck in my head for AGES. However, if I hear "Just Dance" played on a 14 year old's mobile one more time - I will freak!