Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Aw, Shucks....

I've been long-listed for the Irish Blog Awards in the 'Best Popculture Blog' category. I'm up against nineteen other blogs in the category, including last year's winner Rick O' Shea and the insanely prolific UnaRocks, whose blog I've begun following these past couple of weeks. In such company, it's unlikely I'll progress any further but, as the cliché goes, it's an honour to be nominated.

In the 'Best Fashion Blog' category, I'll be rooting for Lyndsay, a good friend of mine and a blogger whose writing I really enjoy despite not being especially interested in fashion.

Incidentally, Lyndsay probably won't be eligible for next year's Irish Blog Awards as she'll be based in New York for the next twelve months. She's flying out to The Big Apple tomorrow and will be documenting her stateside adventures here.

I'm sure our paths will cross again really soon, L-Dawg.


[Blog Awards Image: Nice Day Designs]

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw Joey! That's such an ancient photo!

Thanks though. And wooooo go us!

Joey said...

The oldest one I could find...

Girlhurler said...

Congrats Joey! Well deserved! :)

Anonymous said...

*sob*

Suz said...

aww well done Joey and Lyndsay!! :) xx

Aideen Shannon, Features Assistant said...

Yay! Congrats to both of you!! :)

nicedaydesigns said...

Congrats and good luck... and thanks for using my pic, it's great to see people using it