Monday, January 25, 2010

Pin Ups

One of my favourite tunes of 2008 was 'Cryptic' by Pin Me Down, a collaboration between Bloc Party's Russell Lissack and New York-based vocalist Milena Mepris.

Teaming Lissack's trademark monster basslines with 80's guitar riffs and Milena's snarling vocal, 'Cryptic' was a pop-rock gem and subsequent tracks 'Ticking' and 'Pretty in Pink' proved just as infectious.

But then.... nothing.

There was nary a peep out of the band for over twelve months and, honestly, I presumed the project had been scrapped altogether. Then, a couple of days ago, the pair returned, all guns blazing, with a snazzy new website and a new track, 'Time Crisis'.



The track is in a similar enough vein to its predecessors but, to my ears, it's a winning formula and I hope Pin Me Down stick around a bit longer this time. Download the MP3 for free here.

2 comments:

Nicholas Tucker said...

Finally, new Pin Me Down!

Joey said...

Reckon it was worth the wait?

I'm hooked!