Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love Harder

Since stumbling across his track 'Diminishing Returns' in one of the Skins advertisements last week, I've developed something of an infatuation for Ali Love.

Even if the name doesn't ring a bell, you've surely encountered Love before as the vocalist on The Chemical Brothers' monster 2007 hit, 'Do It Again'.

The Prince-esque electro-funk of his first album didn't really grab me but, after hearing his track 'Love Harder', that gradually builds around a chunky bassline borrowed from Frankie Goes to Hollywood's 'Relax', I think I've been converted.

The sound reminds me of a more synthy Esser and I suspect Love will continue to draw comparisons to The Purple One. However, if these two tracks are anything to go by, Love's forthcoming album might see him ruffle the perfectly-preened feathers of the reigning synthpop princesses.

Ali Love - Diminishing Returns



Ali Love - Love Harder



Download this track for free via the lovely Nialler9.

No comments: