Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Colours and Carousels

The video for Ellie Goulding's 'Starry Eyed' has materialised and it doesn't disappoint.

While I'm not especially taken with the dancers flanking Ms. Goulding throughout, I think the team behind her have done a great job at styling her and the glittery, magical aesthetic complements her music really well.

I particularly like the dramatic camera shudders and Ellie's impressive levitation skills.

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed



The single is out 19th of February, rather shrewdly scheduled just days after she collects her Brit Award, when interest in her music is likely to be at an all-time high.

Incidentally, her performance of 'Starry Eyed' at the launch of the Brit Awards Nominations (full list of nominations here) was nothing short of, er, stellar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the video but not too fond of the dancers.

G said...

Love the video - though I think I still prefer the one for under the sheets, I just think it's really effective in its simplicity... That live version of starry eyed is awesome too though, she's got such a weird voice but it's so beautiful.
Thank you so much for your comment. it made me so happy; I've been reading your blog for a while - you have an amazing taste in everything too, from what I've read!