Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fluorescent Adolescent

I previously expressed my indifference to Jamelia sound-alike Neon Hitch. Seemingly, however, I'm not the authority on who makes it in the music biz (who knew?) because the London-based circus performer turned singer has landed a massive record deal with Warner, having been signed by American Idol's Kara Dioguardi.

She's currently working with top notch producers on her debut album, 'Beg, Borrow and Steal', but as a means of drumming up some early interest, has produced some timely covers and mash-ups.

These 'interpretations' are slickly produced and inventive and, although I'm not someone who likes to admit I'm wrong, I'll concede I was probably too hasty in making a call on Ms. Hitch initially...

Ouch. That hurt.

Neon Hitch - Cooler Than Me (Sia vs. Mike Posner)



Neon Hitch - Billionaire (Travis McCoy cover)



Neon Hitch - Drop It Like It's Hot (Snoop Dogg vs. Alina Orlova)

No comments: