Monday, July 20, 2009

Bargain Basement

Two for the price of one, no less.

Tracks from the forthcoming Basement Jaxx album have been trickling on to the interwebs, including some mouth-watering collaborations.

The first of these is a track with Santigold (RIP Santo) called 'Saga'. At first, I was a little bit disappointed. I felt the track didn't quite live up to the billing, mainly because it sounds exactly like the stuff from Santi's 2008 album. I still stand by that assertion but the track has grown on me something shocking.

Behold:



Another track, 'Feeling's Gone', which surfaced yesterday, features Sam Sparro on vocal duties. This track is a bit more typical of Basement Jaxx: a sprightly dance-pop number with everything but the cats-in-sinks thrown into the production. Once again, I wasn't sure what to make of this at first but, after a couple of listens, I'm sold.

Looking forward to hearing it in better quality:



Already looking forward to seeing The Jaxx at Electric Picnic.

No comments: