Friday, July 03, 2009

Bruno

I was lucky enough to be able to attend an advance preview of 'Bruno' tonight courtesy of the lovely folk at Movies.ie.

I was never a huge fan of Ali G and didn't bother going to see 'Borat' so, in truth, I probably wouldn't have paid to go see this movie if I hadn't won the tickets. That said, I very much enjoyed 'Bruno' for what it was and I think Sacha Baron Cohen is nothing short of brilliant in the role of disgraced Austrian fashion-expert Bruno.

I found myself wincing with embarrassment as the character finds himself in increasingly awkward situations, whether it be making sexual advances on Republican presidential candidates or telling a chat show audience that he swapped an Ipod for an African American baby.

If you're looking for something tasteful or cerebral, look elsewhere, but if you're in the market for an hour and a half of laugh-out-loud ridiculousness, Bruno's your man.

Verdict: Ich like it very much.

No comments: