Sunday, August 23, 2009

Worth The Hassle

The video for Swedish singer Erik Hassle's first official release in these parts, 'Don't Bring Flowers', has surfaced.

Aside from some wince-inducingly melodramatic lyrics "Don't bring flowers after I'm dead/Save your givings for the living instead", it's a solid pop tune.

The video isn't especially exciting. It's basically just Erik, dressed in black, wandering around looking a bit mopey with a few mates:



What really flagged my attention about this release though is the remix that Erik has done with 'Box'N'Locks' singer, MPHO. I'm really enjoying this dearth of remixes featuring an opposite gendered singer's voice blended with the original vocal (see also: Miike Snow/Neon Hitch, Ellie Goulding/Samuel, Lykke Li/Drake).

Erik Hassle vs MPHO - Don't Bring Flowers:



I think MPHO's voice really complements Eriks and I think it fits with the lyrics to have a female vocal. As much as I love this remix, I reckon 'Hurtful' will be the track to crack Erik and his bizarre ginger afro into the charts.

No comments: