Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Call Me Up. We'll Hang Out. I'm Down For Whatever.

Although I remember being impressed by The Gossip's set at Oxegen back in 2007, I've never really been a huge (ahem) Beth Ditto fan.

'Standing in the Way of Control' is undoubtedly a great tune but none of The Gossip's other material ever really grabbed me in the same way. As such, I'm pleasantly surprised to find myself utterly obsessed with the new Simian Mobile Disco track, 'Cruel Intentions', that features Ditto on lead vocal.

Granted, I'm a sucker for keyboard-driven nineties nostalgia but I also think her voice is really suited to this kind of music. More please.



No word yet as to whether we'll see Ryan Philippe, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair and Reese Witherspoon reunited for the accompanying video.

[Image: Buzzgrinder]

3 comments:

Kulta Lab said...

I agree I like the track and your right Beth's vocals are exceptional.

I would sincerely hope that the comment is anything other than a sizeist joke, as that would have very serious ramifications...especially if Beth were to find out, now wouldn't it?

Ver thru Heil!!!

Johan Nielsen

Gothi in training

Sessrúmnir Kindred

Joe Leaver said...

It's a fantastic track

Anonymous said...

How many runway shows have you been in, Joey? How many runway shows has Beth Ditto been in? The fat joke is unnecessary and lame.