Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back In Your Head

I was very late in discovering Tegan & Sara's excellent 2007 album, 'The Con'.

I'd always regarded the Canadian twins as a little too folksy for my tastes but, after developing an obsession for this gorgeous animated video (audio now removed), I checked out the album and discovered a collection of charming indie-pop songs, anchored by the girls' distinctive harmonies and some quirkily disarming lyrics.

I'm looking forward to the follow-up to this album, Sainthood, which is due in October. The album is set to feature the girls co-writing tracks together for the first time, rather than their usual approach of dividing up writing duties, so I'm curious to hear the results.

In the meantime, 'Feel It In My Bones', a somewhat unlikely collaboration between the girls and Dutch DJ, Tiësto, is tiding me over. I never expected to see Tegan & Sara at the helm of a europop bleepfest but Tiësto has provided a backdrop that really complements their vocals and it all comes together quite fantastically:



[Image: Stereogum]

No comments: