Wednesday, September 30, 2009

XX Rated Love

Florence and the Machine and The xx have been responsible for two of my favourite albums of the year to date. As such, you can imagine the tidings of JOY that accompanied my discovery of a remix by The xx of Florence and the Machine's version of the Candi Staton classic 'You've Got The Love'.

Remarkably, this track not only lives up to my absurdly high expectations but practically pole-vaults over them. I can say with a considerable degree of certainty that this is one of my favourite tracks of the year.

Feast your ears:



Nice excuse to tinker around in Photoshop too.

3 comments:

lucie said...

simply fantastic.
everytime i enter your blog there is just amazing music coming of it. im addicted :)
and the xx & flo should make music together...

Joey said...

Thanks Lucie.

There doesn't seem to be any option to comment on your blog but I think it's a wonderful idea :)

Patrick said...

No that's actually amazo. And way better than Flo's solo cover of You Got the Love which I thought was very much on the meh end of things.