Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Legend of King Arthur

Unless you've been in isolation for, I don't know, swine flu or something, you're probably aware that today is Arthur's Day and that there are celebrations across the city (and indeed the world) to mark the occasion.

I'm looking forward to raising a pint of the black stuff to Arthur in Spy where there'll be entertainment provided by Oppenheimer, The Infomatics, and some chap named Calvin Harris. I've actually never tasted Guinness before but I figure I might as well give it a go considering the day that's in it.

I appreciate that the whole thing is basically a huge publicity stunt, masterminded by those at Guinness HQ, but I quite like the idea of people all over the world clinking and drinking at 17:59 in honour of something that was conceived at St. James's Gate two and a half centuries ago.

Sláinte!

[Image: Flickr]

No comments: