Thursday, September 10, 2009

And I Grinned At You Softly, 'Cos I'm A Fuckin' Wildcard...

As I mentioned in the mammoth Electric Picnic post, Marina of 'and the Diamonds' fame has promised to return to these shores in November. A single is due out in October (I have my suspicions it might be 'Mowgli's Road') but, in the meantime, she's tinkering away on her album, 'The Family Jewels'.

To tide us over, we've been treated to a new version of one of my favourite of her tracks, 'The Outsider'. Generally, I remain faithful to the first version of a song I hear but, in this case, I think the tweaking has added an extra dollop of chutzpah to the track:




Heineken Music are the ones reputedly bringing Marina back to the Emeralds in November and they've posted an interview conducted with her at Electric Picnic here.

[Image: Myspace]

2 comments:

Luna Méndez said...

The Outsider is such a great song!
Marina is soo good!!!

I love this blog :)

Rob said...

Good call on the Mowgli single because if you haven't already heard that will indeed be her new single (on Nov 2nd).

Marina will be back in Ireland for TWO dates in November:

Nov 11 @ The Academy, Dublin
Nov 12 @ Dinn Ri, Carlow

The Dinn Ri tix are free, but you need to register for them here:
http://www.heinekenmusic.ie/greenspheres/events/next/