Thursday, March 26, 2009

This Isn't Enid Blyton...

You could've fooled me.

I'm a bit disappointed by how underwhelming the Skins finale was. It's a pity to have such an unsatisfactory ending to what has been an excellent series I can only hope the awkwardness of the ending stems from the show's makers' intentions to pick things up where they left off in the next series. Despite initial reservations, I really grew to like the new cast.

Hopefully next time around there'll be more focus on characters like Pandora, Thomas, Naomi and The Twins who were completely sidelined in the last episode in favour of the love quadrangle that has dominated the series.

All in all, top o' the telly though, E4.

[Images: Skins Website]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was the same! I wanted to hate it but I just couldn't. I love the new cast. I love that they didn't rehash old storylines. I love how none of the new characters annoyed me (remember how much I used to hate Jas and Michelle???).

Yes the last episode was a little bit underwhelming but... Meh, it was fine. And everything else was wrapped up nicely last week.

gabbagabbahey said...

I liked the ending, even if was a little too open-ended.

more Arthur Ransome than Enid Blyton, really...