Monday, August 04, 2008

Phwoar! etc.

I met Laura Whitmore through the Drama Society in Dublin City University while we were both studying there. She had a reputation for being 'the best-looking girl in DCU' and, because she was a talented singer, dancer, actress and writer to boot, I think most people supected she'd go far in life.

That said, I think many were still surprised at just how quickly she moved up in the world. Less than a year after graduating from her Journalism degree, she landed her dream job as news anchor on MTV. She was selected from thousands of applicants in a reality TV show called 'Pick Me MTV' and will be fronting the MTV News segments for the next year as well as a half hour programme on weekends.

I came across this picture today and I'm sure you'll agree she looks every inch the superstar.

Here's hoping her star continues its ascent.

No comments: