Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Tale Of Two Singles

I Blame Coco has been garnering some pretty harsh reviews for her debut album 'The Constant', with The Independent offering an especially scathing critique.

Having heard a preview of the album, I disagree with the majority of the criticism. Granted, there's nothing quite as earth-shattering as Caesar but it's an accomplished debut with scarcely a dud track.

One thing I do take issue with though is the choice of the next single. Initially, the excellent 'Quicker' was scheduled for release but, even after an accompanying video surfaced, a decision was made to release 'In Spirit Golden' instead.

I Blame Coco - Quicker:



I Blame Coco - In Spirit Golden:



One consolation for the last-minute single change is that we get some nice souped-up remixes of both tracks, with remix artist RackNRuin being made work overtime:

I Blame Coco - In Spirit Golden RackNRuin Rmx (96kbps) by RackNRuin

Quicker - I Blame Coco RackNRuin Album Version by RackNRuin

No comments: