Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Puppet On A String

As if naming his child after himself wasn't vain enough, Will Smith now seems to be grooming his nine-year-old daughter Willow to follow his career-path. With her brother Jaden (presumably named after their monther Jada) already a successful actor, Willow is now set to embark on a music career with the release of her debut single, 'Whip My Hair'.

The track is a delicious slice of pop/r'n'b with a snazzy futuristic video to boot. If she must be deprived of her childhood, I guess at least it's for a decent cause:



If you still can't shake the feeling that Willow is but a puppet in her parents' grand scheme for global domination, then this mash-up of the song with a Sesame Street video called 'I Love My Hair' might seem more fitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS SONG THIS SONG!! I know I probably shouldn't like it but I do. Gimme a JBiebz/Miley/Britney/shoved-into-the-spotlight-too-early kid any day of the week.