Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dropping Citric Acid

Dragonette are one of those acts, like Robyn and Girls Aloud, credited with restoring the good name of pop music in the latter part of the last decade, after the boyband/girlband explosion that coincided with the turn of the millenium led to stigma so severe that pop purveyors were practically driven into hiding.

Even so, I never really 'got' Dragonette myself. Recently, however, a couple of their collaborations have caught my attention. First of all there was a track called 'Hello' with French producer Martin Solvieg and now comes a guest-spot on Don Diablo's latest release, 'Animale', which is 'right up my street'.

The track is accompanied by a brilliantly bizarre video about a young boy's toxic relationship with oranges. Behold:



I also came across this rather potent dubstep remix over on Sheena Beaston, which I suspect I'd rather enjoy after an orange segment or two.

Don Diablo featuring Dragonette - Animale (Datsik Remix)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dragonette have some amazing songs, I'll make you some sort of playlist unless you're convinced you don't like their early stuff.

This is brilliant, not so keen on the remix though.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - they sound very good! Never heard of them till now but love that song - gas vid too!
x