Saturday, November 07, 2009

Crescent Moon

Last week, I was delighted to be able to do a DJ set at The Bernard Shaw Carboot Sale, thanks to Chewy. Apart from a couple of technical glitches as a result of me completely forgetting how to use the equipment, I was pretty happy with how it went.

It might sound really sad but there are few things that give me a bigger kick than somebody asking me the name of a song or remix I've played. It doesn't happen especially often (people are more inclined to ask for "something a bit more current, like 'Sweet Dreams' by Beyoncé") but the crowd at Bernard Shaw were a little more receptive than usual.

One track that went down especially well was Nightwaves' 'She's Electric':



Nightwaves are Californian duo Kyle Petersen and Josh Legg, who produce exactly the type of bassy electro-disco they'd be inclined to sign to their label or feature on their blog. As well as 'She's Electric', they've a number of other great tracks currently tickling my fancy...

Nightwaves - 'Blue Dress':



Nightwaves - 'Even Money':



Some quare decent remixes to be found here too.

No comments: