Monday, June 08, 2009

La Cirque, You Say?

No. La Clique.

I'm hoping to get work at the Dublin Fringe Festival again this year but, even if this doesn't happen, I'll be clearing a date in my diary to go see La Clique. If you've never experienced the show I would encourage you to do likewise.

A wonderful melange of burlesque cabaret, acrobatics, contortion and risque comedic performance, La Clique is poised to make its third and final appearance at the Dublin Fringe. Last year, I spent a considerable proportion of my time in the Box Office biting my tongue when people inquired about tickets for 'La Cirque' before (semi) regretfully informing them that the show was sold out.

I don't want to give too much away about the show but I suspect these pictures should whet your appetite sufficiently.


Marawa

The English Gents

Mario: Queen of The Circus

Le Gateau Chocolat

I'm particularly excited to see new recruit Le Gateau Chocolat perform. I saw him last year in Edinburgh and he's quite the character. The Dublin Fringe runs from 5th to 20th of September.

No comments: