Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked..."

If you're looking for an enjoyable if unorthodox way to spend your Tuesday night, I'd recommend heading to The Button Factory for T.A.C.'s 'Underwear Party' tonight.

T.A.C. began in November 2008 and in a short space of time has established a reputation as one of the more original club nights in the Dublin scene. Previous dress-up themes have included Toy Box, Letterland, Animals, Robots and Circus but this time those behind the night are urging attendees to 'dress down' and bare their flesh for an underwear party.

Any time I've brought people to T.A.C., they have either loved or hated it. Yes, it's all very avant garde and a little pretentious so if you prefer your nights out a little more 'traditional', it's probably not for you. Each to their own.

I, however, relish the announcement of each month's theme so I can set about coming up with ideas for a costume. The music is a combination of live performances and DJs spinning a combination of indie and electro, which is right up my alley.

My costume inspiration this time around...

Also tonight, one of my latest favourites Emer Brady is playing her first live gig since the launch of her EP. She's one of a number of acts playing at Eamon Doran's and will be taking to the stage at 8pm sharp. See ya there?

No comments: