Sunday, January 25, 2009

Benevolent Blazes

English dance-pop outfit Friendly Fires came to my attention when they jumped on the (already rather crowded) Lykke Li bandwagon last year and covered her track, 'I'm Good, I'm Gone'.

Their quirky rendition of the track is fairly brilliant and it turns out their own stuff is decent too. Latest single 'Skeleton Boy' is great and the song is teamed with an equally impressive video.

Isn't the melody on the chorus very similar to Olive's 'You're Not Alone'?


[Image: The Fader]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, I do like their version... Hardly shoe-gaze though! Enjoying the musicality of your blog immensely.

Joey said...

You're right. The word 'shoegazey' shall be stricken from the record. Not sure what I was munching on.

CSS remix of 'Little Bit' wins at life also.