Saturday, January 03, 2009

Barometer of Judgement:

Love It:

As in RebekkaMaria - At the end of the calendar year, bloggers LOVE making lists of what was good and what was bad about the past year. One album that came to my attention as a result of these lists is 'Queen of France' by Denmark-born, Sweden-based pop pixie As In RebekkaMaria. With Norwegian poptart Annie out of the picture for the time being after her recent departure from Island Records, somebody needed to take over the helm of the europop revolution so the arrival of As in RebekkaMaria and her punchy pop ditties couldn't have come at a better time.

http://www.reasonsyouarespecial.com/ - One of a selection of cute websites from the people who bring you Converse.

Six Feet Under - I had forgotten how much I love this programme until Santa Claus brought me a box set of Series 2. (Series 1 might have been a better starting point but I'm not complaining). The brilliant characters, superb acting, gorgeous cinematography and murky themes all make for compulsive viewing and, as a result, I've now resolved to collect all five series. The best thing about re-watching Six Feet Under is that I get to look forward to, what at least one other person agrees is, the best series finale of all time.

Sarah Cramer Photography
- She'll be photographing scantily-clad Miley Cyrus in no time at all.

Jameson Dublin International Film Festival - Soon to be my new employers, the JDIFF is shaping up to be a great auld fest. Here's hoping my employment extends a little longer than Christmas on Ice (two weeks) and that I catch a glimpse of some of the superstar-stars.

Shove It:


Emigration - Friends, family members, multinational corporations. They're dropping like flies.

"Your love-life's DOA..."
- I haven't so much as fancied somebody in months. What's wrong with me? Although, I must admit that this shot of Frankmusik succeeded in brightening up my day.

Alexandra Burke - Biggest selling single of 2008? Tch. Be gone, you one-woman-blubathon.

RTE Television - I watched a lot more television than normal over the festive period and the standard of programming on RTE is truly appalling. Maybe it's competition with digital TV that's driving them to produce this lowest-common-denominator drivel but I really wish they'd ditch at least some of the reality TV shite and focus on making some quality drama along the lines of 'Raw' and 'Batchelors Walk'.

Bus fares - Up again? €1.15 and €1.60 are awkard, awkward amounts, Dublin Bus.

No comments: