Monday, September 29, 2008

Am I The Only One Who's Insane?

Anyone who's come within a ten-metre radius of me during the past couple of weeks has probably had the music of Ladyhawke forced upon them. I do apologise for my excessive zeal but I genuinely believe that people's lives stand to be enhanced by the inclusion of this Antipodean beauty's eponymous début album in their CD collection (or Itunes library, if you must.)

Pastiche of 80's synth-pop is very 'in' at the moment but I think few can pull it off quite as convincingly as Ms. Hawke (real name Pip Brown.) Originally from New Zealand, Brown is a sufferer of Asperger's Disorder and was previously in a band with one of the member's of electro outfit Pnau, with whom she recently collaberated.

Included below in youtubular form are:

1.) Biggest hit to date 'Paris is Burning'.

2.) The aforementioned collaboration with Pnau

3.) Forthcoming single 'My Delirium', which I believe could be the track to convert the masses to the cult of Ladyhawke.





No comments: