Saturday, September 13, 2008

The World and His Blog

As I mentioned a few days ago, it seems like this whole blogging lark is really catching on.

A few of my friends have already posted about the DCU Freshers' Ball, the first major event of the DCU Calendar. This year's theme is Superheroes and it seems that some people have already begun planning their costumes.

I tried to convince my friend Paula to go as Jem the other night but she just stared at me blankly. My suggestion of Bananaman as a viable Super Hero was met with an equally vacant gaze. It's a sad, sad day when you realise that there's a whole era that you can remember but some of your friends can't.

For the benefit of you spring chickens, here is a clip of Jem (business woman by day, crime-fighting pop sensation by night) and Bananaman (an ordinary schoolboy, Eric, who is transformed into a Supermanesque character whenever he eats a banana.)



2 comments:

Maeve said...

alas, I have mine planned. tis a secret!

not gonna lie... never heard of Jem!

Unknown said...

joey shmoey of course of course I have heard of both!