Friday, September 26, 2008

J'habite á Drumcondra

After moaning all Summer about how I was going to have to commute from Ashbourne to DCU this year, a couple of weeks ago I decided to move into a house in Drumcondra.

In my defence, the offer was pretty difficult to resist: a room to myself in a lovely house situated halfway between DCU and town with two of my best friends from school for only €310 a month plus bills.

I'm going to have to work a couple of extra shifts at the dog-track or elsewhere in order to pay for it but I think it's worth that in order to be able to escape parental rule and the clutches of that evil, evil entity commonly referred to as 'Bus Eireann'.

I plan on investing in a bicycle in order to get around. Motorists and pedestrians of Dublin city, consider yourselves warned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joey Kavanagh! I can't believe I had to find out through the blogosphere that you are living in Drumcondra this year!