Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Running Even Though My Mind Says No

One of the best gigs I had the pleasure of attending this year was when madcap Icelandic troupe FM Belfast played at the ABSOLUT Fringe in Dublin.

During the Summer, I posted this remix by Copenhagen-based producer Brynjar Bjarnfoss of my favourite of their tracks, 'Underwear', and I've been meaning to post about Brynjar's own musical venture the past couple of weeks.

Kúra sees Brynjar teaming up with his cousin, Reykjavik-based vocalist Fanney Ósk Þórisdóttir.

Their names may be a bit of a mouthful but their brand of glacial electropop goes down nice and easy. Their Multicolor EP was released this month and it's provided the perfect soundtrack to my snowy incarceration the past few weeks.

Here are a couple of choice cuts:

Kúra - Gógó by Kúra

Kúra - Gógó (Lulu Rouge Remix) by Kúra

Kúra - Einstein by Kúra

No comments: