Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Dawn That Breaks The Spell

Danish singer Oh Land has been the source of a mounting blogospheric attention over the past few months, and it's not hard to see why.

Combining the off-kilter Scandopop sensibilities of Robyn and Lykke Li with a voice that reminds me a little of Arklow's finest Roisin Murphy, Oh Land embellishes her live performances with artistic flourishes and is a former student of the Danish Royal Ballet.

She's been releasing music in her homeland of Denmark for the past few years but looks set to go global in 2011 after inking a deal with Epic Records following a rousing set at the SXSW showcase last year.

Two tracks from her recent self-titled EP, 'Wolf & I' and 'Son Of A Gun', have really tickled my fancy, and I look forward to hearing more from her in the new year.

Oh Land- Wolf & I (Live)


Sun of a Gun

Sun of a Gun (Yuksek Remix)

Sun of a Gun (Savage Skulls Remix)

2 comments:

we're having a moment said...

Blogging up a storm Mr. Bubble!

DRN

Anonymous said...

I love her voice.