Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This Western Feeling...

Despite initial skepticism, I was completely won over by Foals' 'Spanish Sahara' after a few listens.

Seemingly, that track was put into the public domain for 'promotional purposes' and the first single from their forthcoming sophomore album 'Total Life Forever' will, in fact, be 'This Orient'.



The track seems like a logical bridge between the material on debut album 'Antidotes' and 'Spanish Sahara' and suggests that we can expect a varied collection of tracks from the new album. Check out the video for the track here.

Incidentally, Heineken Music are bringing the band over to The Academy, Dublin in May for one of their wonderful free Green Spheres events. The first time I saw the band live was in that same venue and it was, in all honesty, one of my favourite gigs I've ever been to.

You can register for tickets here and I strongly suggest that you do.

No comments: