Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Pony Pony Run Run

English indie outfit Foals today premiered the first single from their sophomore album, 'Total Life Forever'.

The band's 2008 debut 'Antidotes' is a firm favourite of mine and their gig at The Academy that year was one of the best I've been to.

The band never really struck me as the types to play it safe but I'm still taken aback by how radical a departure new track 'Spanish Sahara' is from previous material.



The track is unlikely to be playlisted by many commercial radio stations but I think I like it. I'll reserve final judgement until I hear it in the context of the album, which is due in May.

Foals will be giving the new tracks an airing at a Heineken Green Spheres free event in The Academy, Dublin on May 14th. Keep an eye on their site to see how to apply for tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. Weird. Sounds nothing like 'em. If I just happened to hear that somewhere, I'd never have guessed.

ps - that was such an awesome gig!