Monday, March 22, 2010

Fated To Pretend

As concerned as I am about the possibility of Sigur Rós never making another record, at least their (former?) frontman Jónsi is more than making up for their absence for the time being.

The bits and pieces I've heard from his forthcoming album 'Go' have been consistently brilliant and now he's gone and done this fantastic cover of MGMT's 'Time To Pretend':



The song was recorded for BBC Radio 1's 'Live Lounge', which tends to throw up some real gems every now and again.

3 comments:

Shane Andrew Kelly said...

They haven't broken up! "Indefinite hiatus". Presumably to raise children and the like.

I don't really like this cover. It just doesn't suit him or something.

Joey said...

I like: the cover.

I do not like: the word 'indefinite'.

G said...

i like this a lot.

he's playing a solo slot at latitude in july, which should be good.... got my ticket, yay!