Monday, January 23, 2012

Kissing Death And Losing My Breath


Back from the dead like some zeitgeist-chasing zombie, I'm gonna try and start blowing bubbles again (as opposed to blowing Bubbles).

First on my hitlist is mysterious New York duo Ms Mr, whose Ghost City USA EP I've revisited quite a few times the past few months. Teaming synths, haunting female vocals and a taste for the macabre, it's hardly shocking that I've taken an interest.

More after the jump...



A charming cover of Patrick Wolf's 'Time Of My Life' is among the four track EP, which is available as a free track here, but the standout has to be 'Bones', which comes accompanied by a visual made up entirely of clips from the Jim Henson classic, 'Labyrinth'.


Bones from MS MR on Vimeo.

   Ms Mr - Time of My Life (Cover) by tiedtotruths

1 comment:

Denise McBane said...

As an orthodontist melbourne, I know the implications of fear into the oral citation of the human response to being scared: heart rate increases, respiratory rate increases and saliva secretion considerably stops for a moment.