Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Then The Moment Is Lost To The Sky


I've never been much of a Jack Peñate fan and, truth be told, I tend to flee at the mere sight of mopey-looking-fellows brandishing guitars. But there's something about this new acoustic video from the London singer-songwriter that completely slays me.

One friend commented that the arrangement at the beginning is similar to 'Under The Bridge' and the moody simplicity of the visual certainly does conjure the spectre of the late Jeff Buckley, but I think my compulsion to replay this again and again is really down to Penate's soul-bearing delivery. Behold 'No One Lied':

1 comment:

Flowergurl said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZsjrOyaMEo

Check out new singer song writer Conor Maynard! He just won the MTV Brand New as well. Beautiful vocals - he's going to be huge!