Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Every Day's Like Talking In Your Sleep


As I mentioned in the previous post, Kimbra is my current infatuation. I may not have done many posts the past few months but, rest assured, anybody who has crossed my path has had the 21-year-old New Zealand singer's musical morsels forced upon them.




Her debut album, Vows, is released next month but, already, she's delivered two knockout singles Settle Down and Cameo Lover, as well as winning the prestigious Vanda and Young songwriting prize, which earned her the tidy sum of $50,000 towards her work.


Kimbra - Cameo Lover (Official Music Video) from Kimbra on Vimeo.
Cameo Lover is currently attracting the attention of remix artists galore. My pick of the bunch is the slinky Shook remix.

Kimbra - Cameo Lover (Shook Remix) by Shook (Official)

Cameo Lover (Sam Sparro & Golden Touch RMX) by viceroyalty

Kimbra - Cameo Lover (G.L.O.V.E.S. Remix) by viceroyalty

3 comments:

Alexander said...

To my shame, I have not heard of this singer! Sounds great! I think I'll follow her career!

Ciaran said...

I love Kimbra! I didn't know you'd been banging on about her to everyone too. Coulda talked musik, innit. There has been a distinct lack of people listening to me though. THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

sam said...

Mazda MX6 Turbocharger