Tuesday, August 09, 2011

You Said That We Would Still Be Friends

There's a new frontrunner in terms of my favourite song of the year and comes courtesy of Australian singer-songwriter Gotye.

Somebody That I Used To Know is strikingly original, both musically and lyrically, and blows Adele's Someone Like You out of the water in terms of this year's best break-up song, as far as I'm concerned.

The track also features the dulcet tones of my current obsession, New Zealand native Kimbra, and is deservedly sitting pretty at the top of Australian iTunes at this moment in time.

Read more after the jump...






I've Gotye's last album, Like Drawing Blood, on heavy rotation the past while and these are some of the swoon-inducing highlights:

Learnalilgivinanlovin by Gotye

Hearts A Mess by Gotye

1 comment:

aisha said...

I feel strongly learning the topic, however I need to learn more on this topic.
Carry on your updates..!!
Subaru Legacy Turbo