Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome To The Neighbourhood

Over the next few days, I'm hoping to do a number of posts about Dublin-based bands. The Hype Machine recently revamped their site and applied various labels to each of the blogs they list and it got me thinking about the kind of music I post on the site.

One of the tags applied to my own blog is 'British' and, when I think of it, it's very true that I tend to post about a lot of UK acts, but rarely about the equally talented musicians I regularly encounter gigging around the fair city of Dublin.

The 'Local Heroes' series, which I hope to intersperse with (more regular) posts about artists from further afield, is my attempt at kickstarting a habit of sharing some of the glittering gems the Emerald Isle has to offer.

Should I fail, well I guess this post is going to look a bit embarrassing in a few weeks' time. If not, who knows, maybe The Gods of Hype Machine will consider bestowing an 'Irish' label upon my plot of cyberspace next time they stop by?

No comments: