Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So I Stayed In The Darkness With You

I was fortunate enough to nab myself a last-minute ticket to Florence and the Machine's gig at Dublin's Olympia Theatre last week.

I've gushed over her live set more than once before so a full account probably isn't necessary. It suffices to say that she remains the most pitch-perfect live singer I've ever seen and, although there seems like so little scope for improvement, she's getting better all the time.

At the gig, she told us it'll be the last time she tours 'Lungs'. She's certainly got great mileage out of the album and it seems like she's constantly had a single to flog for the past eighteen months or so.

That said, I'm perfectly happy to accept one final release from the record, given that it's my favourite track: 'Cosmic Love'.



The video is, in my opinion, her best to date. The song is one I'll never tire of. But, Flo, once this becomes a monster hit, get ye to the studio and cook us up some new tunes.

No comments: