Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Like A Pill

An artist I've watched with keen interest since first being introduced to him by Illegal Tender in early 2009 is electro whizz-kid The Aspirins For My Children.

Eimear and I played some of his earlier tracks like 'Hollow Out' and 'Cutter' to death but then, after a clutch of great remixes for the likes of Frankmusik and Marina & The Diamonds, it all got very quiet and seemed as though The Aspirins had been, um, swallowed.

Thankfully, in the past couple of months, TAFMC (aka 23-year-old Daniel Barker) has returned with a clutch of new material, including collaborations with the rather brilliant Talking Pictures.

Here's a couple of my picks of his stuff but I'd seriously encourage delving into his Tumblr and SoundCloud account.

TAFMC featuring Talking Pictures - Someone Else by theaspirinsformychildren

TAFMC - Confusion Girl (FrankMusik Remix) by theaspirinsformychildren

The Good Natured - Your Body Is A Machine (The Aspirins For My Children Remix)

No comments: