Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Something I Couldn't Overlook

Things are looking decidedly sunny these days for gloom-merchants The xx, with their eponymous debut making an impression on the Billboard charts in recent weeks.

The album was the soundtrack to a hefty portion of my past year and I'm really glad they've decided to release one of my favourite tracks, 'Islands', as their new single.

Their music isn't exactly the kind you bust a move to bu, low and behold, the video features a pretty tight. I really love the theatrics of it, playing on the song's brooding sexual tension.



Attempts by remix artists to inspire people to dance to The xx's music as emphatically in the dancers have pretty been hit or miss. Best of the bunch is probably Death To The Throne's re-swizz of Shelter.

The xx - Shelter (Death To The Throne Remix)

No comments: