Friday, April 23, 2010

Diamond Express

The Marina and the Diamonds juggernaut continues to gather momentum and, truthfully, I think she's on the cusp of a point of success where we can happily decree that she has 'made it'. I guess the best barometer for this will be how 'I Am Not A Robot' performs when re-released in a few weeks' time.

She's performed the track (albeit slightly shakily) on Jools Holland, recorded a new video (although apparently this is strictly for the purposes of 'tour visuals'), and even had the song covered by the legendary PS22 children's chorus.

This morning she appeared on BCC Radio 1's live lounge and performed a cover of 3OH!3 featuring Katy Perry's 'Starstrukk'. I didn't really have a strong opinion on the song beforehand but, flanked by violins, Marina transforms it into something pretty special:



I'm counting down the days 'til her Dublin gig next month

No comments: