Thursday, February 18, 2010

Giving Battles In Vain

'Violet Eyes' by My Gold Mask is a track I took a shine to a few months back and have found myself returning to again and again.

For a two-piece, band-members Jack Armondo and Gretta Rochelle certainly succeed in making an almighty racket. The combination of Armondo's thrashing guitars and Rochelle's snarling vocal (to my ears like a cross between Karen O and a female Jack White) packs some punch, and this particular track builds wonderfully throughout the verses towards its monstrous chorus.

The group recently shot a video for the track, using both a HD Canon camera and a toy Fisher Price camera.



Good news: you can download this track for free by clicking here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to write about this song soon, I've been listening to it for ages too. I find it interesting/strange that she plays drums live too.

Anonymous said...

YES! Sounds EXACTLY like that!