Monday, June 25, 2012

When I Want To Stop I Can

One of the pillars of my current infatuation with all things New Zealand is Princess Chelsea, aka Chelsea Nikkel. Introduced to me by my lovely friend Sean, I was instantly charmed by her singular brand of 'baroque pop'.

Nikkel's calling card is 'The Cigarette Duet', a collaboration with her former Brunettes bandmate, Jonathan Bree, but early indications are that her forthcoming album 'Lil' Golden Book' will deliver on the promise of this morbid musical morsel. Colourfully described elsewhere as "the soundtrack to an old Disney movie meets Kraftwerk fronted by Enya in a 60s production of Les Mis, in space", Princess Chelsea is certainly an intriguing prospect.


Plus, she's mates with Pikachunes.

4 comments:

Maija said...

Aaaah I love Princess Chelsea!

Maija said...

Aaaah I love Princess Chelsea!

sicksets said...

very intriguing

sicksets said...

very intriguing