Thursday, April 07, 2011

Jump Hoops While I Set Them Alight

I got very excited about Durham gal Hannah Yadi a few months ago when I came across her excellent song, Guillotine.

YADi - GUiLLOTiNE by Pop Culture Monster

Yup. Still excellent.

I hadn't heard much from her since and presumed she was cowering in a dark room somewhere, paralysed by the knowledge that she'd never craft a song quite as good as Guillotine.

Apparently not. A quick listen to her Soundcloud suggests that she has been continuing to churn out pop nuggets in the vein of Marina and the Diamonds and Kate Bush.

The tracks are all really solid and suggest that Yadi is going to be a pop force to be reckoned with when she starts releasing music. Pick of the bunch for me is Willow but please do check out the full selection.

Yadi - Willow



[Image: Jack Davison]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, new obsession. Willow is PHENOM!

The Recommender said...

I met with Yadi and her A&R a few months ago, who informed that she's already signed to the large Warner/Chappell publisher. She supported Marina & The Diamonds too and was fantastic on stage in larger venues. I'd suggest she's being held back and readied for a big push either later this year or the start of next.
Thanks
Mike
Recommender