Monday, June 07, 2010

Seventeen To One

After the video for Sky Ferreira's rather excellent '17' materialised, I assumed it was going to be her first single. Not so.

It seems the first official release from her forthcoming debut album will in fact be 'One'.

An understated mid-tempo electropop number that's certainly a change of pace from '17', the track bears the hallmarks of its producers Bloodshy & Avant.

I'm convinced that Sky is destined to make a major impression but, honestly, I don't think this track is 'commercial' enough to be the one that sets her up for the big time. Even so, it's made me even more eager to hear the album and what else she's cooked up with the saliva-inducing array of producers she's worked with.

Sky Ferreira - One



Recently, I've become a little obsessed with The Bloody Beetroots' track 'F*cked From Above 1985' that features Sky on vocals:

The Bloody Beetroots featuring Sky Ferreira - Fucked From Above 1985 by thebubbleboy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yessir. Really like this one.

Anonymous said...

One is amazing. I hope people pick up on it.

Anonymous said...

Thank god for blog, I am so musically challenged .